Personal or family illness can make balancing life and school difficult. In situations where illness is unexpected or you find yourself trying to manage too many things with too little time, contacting the Learner Equity & Wellness office by phone or email to discuss your options is encouraged. For ongoing or chronic illness – or anything for which you will need long-term support – the Learner Equity & Wellness office can provide options and connections to appropriate resources and medical referrals. Outside of the team at Schulich Medicine, support is available through a number of resources including support groups, help lines, and peer counseling services.
- Student Health Services – Health Services
- Forms for non-academic leave: Forms
- Disability Insurance – In cases of significant personal illness/disability be sure to take the steps file your claim and receive your benefits if you have purchased insurance.
- Learner Equity & Wellness Office – In emergent situations, take necessary action in your best interest and email to open the communication about the plan ahead. Staff can connect you with counseling, support groups and referrals for services as required. Rm. K1 Kresge (London), Rm. 2124A MEB (Windsor): Learner Equity & Wellness
- Psychological Services – Offer counseling including grief and bereavement support. Psyc Services